Friday, May 25, 2007

Memorial Day

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again. I love teaching at an international school! We get Monday off for Memorial Day. Now, I recognize that just about every other school has let out for the summer already, but we're quickly finding an end ourselves. Exams finish June 8th. Teachers are done June 9th. I have one more week to teach. This both excites me and scares me. I can't believe I'm about to pass all these children off to the next grade level...are they prepared? Will the teachers after me find me to be incompetent of all teaching? Am I going to miss my students? Good news on one level- I am going to be teaching Communications next year which will allow me to teach my 11th graders as seniors next year. That makes me quite happy.

Prayer:
1.) I have to write a 6-page paper for ACSI certification. This adds another 10 lbs to my already heavy load.
2.) That I receive my residence permit- I've submitted all my paper work.
3.) That my last week of material will be well presented- accurate- and passionate.
4.) My best friend is coming to visit next Thursday- safety for her travels, fun times of touring Budapest, and just a good reunion
5.) Preparation to return home - that I'll be ready, that culture shock won't be too overwhelming- and that I'll be in a support raising mindset when I hit the ground in the states.

Thanks for all your prayers- they have been answered in innumerable ways.

No comments: