Sunday, May 11, 2008

Insanity

Life lately has been insane. Luckily, it calmed down a bit after the Eger field trip and NHS induction ceremony passed. Yes, the NHS ceremony was last Monday and it went well. No complaints here. Well, one- only one boy was inducted- where are all the high achieving, servant leaders in these 10th and 11th grade classes?!

Following these adventures, I've been insanely overwhelmed by the ominous cloud of the high school play. Of course, it's been more fun than I could have imagined- but also much more stressful. Saturday we put in 9 hours working on set. When I left, I felt as though a lot had been accomplished. Included in the pictures below are those of our working set; it isn't completed yet but it is nearing the final stages. For that I am pleased.

The other couple pictures are from the toga-wearing 9th graders. They 'performed' (I use the word lightly) the greek tragedy - Antigone. They just read from scripts and dressed up, but I think they had a pretty good time. It sure was more interesting than sitting in chairs all class long.

So, I'm looking ahead to the craziest week of my life. Our show opens Thursday night. There's a lot to do before then. Keep my actors and my sanity in your prayers. As ridiculous and crazy as this show is, I still believe God can be honored by our effort and senses of humor. I push forward hoping that the final production will bring smiles to a few peoples' faces and a laugh or two out loud for the actors to thrive on.
Spring Updates

No comments: