Monday, April 23, 2007

What's going on???

Is it already the end of April? Am I really nearing the end of my first year of teaching? Is time allowed to move this quickly?

Spring has come- clear skies, a cool breeze, and sunny days. It's joyous to look out my window upon Diosd and know that I live in a sweet town in the middle of Hungary. This is home- I am so thankful for it. It's hard to comprehend that so much change is just around the corner- class changes, roomate changes, gaining and losing students. But, I'm determined to enjoy the rest of this year. We're in school until June 8th- so I actually have a little over a month left. But, when we take out holidays- surprisingly we have a few days off in May- weekends, and exams- the days remaining of class are limited. I feel the pressure to wrap things up in class, but I'm not ready to wrap up the wonderful relationships I've built with my students. I'm really going to miss my 9th and 11th graders as they move on. I think I'm realizing how much I appreciate them as I begin to accept the fact that I won't spend every day with them next year. But, the relationships that God has allowed me to build have been wonderful- and I plan on continuing them. I'm challenged to keep class intriguing. I long to ground them in the word and truths of Christ so that, as they move on, they aren't tied to me or this school- but to Christ. It's a big goal I know- but it's the desire of my heart.

Thank you for praying for me...it means so very much. I'll keep you updated on the last weeks of school. It's going to be crazy- but it's going to be good.

No comments: