Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Break: Educational and Fun

Spring Break 07- Germany and Italy

This Spring Break was probably the most exciting of my life. That's not an overstatement. I was blessed with the opportunity to attend ICEC, a conference for teachers at international Christian schools from around Europe. What an awesome experience to be with so many other people who share my love of education and are serving on the mission field. The greater experience was being with people from so many backgrounds, denominations, and countries. Truly a multi-cultural experience. The conference was held in Kandern, Germany at Black Forest Academy. The school was fabulous, the surrounding area was beautiful, and the knowledge I gained from experienced educators was well worth the 17 hr bus ride. I walked away really understanding Biblical Integration- for that I am thankful!

The second half of my spring break was spent in Italy. Even though we had a rough start with transportation, everything worked out to be a fantastic trip. We were able to see Venice, Cinque Terre, and Milan. The Italian people were so kind, the scenery was brilliant, and the history was more than I could possibly understand. I had a great time with Laura, Emily and Allison as we bonded over road maps, hundreds of stairs, and huge cathedrals. Please check out the pictures that correspond with this trip. God has truly created a world of great diversity and beauty. It may sound cliche, and it may be cliche, but being able to see more of the world has really challenged me to broaden my perspectives on life and especially on God.

No comments: