Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hiccup

I hate the hiccups. I believe sister Katy hates them more. Well, at least she hates when I have them. She yells at me to control them in any and every way possible. But, sometimes I just can't. Sometimes the spasms rack my diaphragm for what seems like an eternity with no end to the annoyance in sight. I think life feels like that too sometimes. Completely uncontrollable. The middle of a semester in school makes life a little crazy. The madness of students failing. The madness of students having to pass the Georgia High School Graduation Tests. The madness of our school not making AYP (annual yearly percentages) and the madness that causes for my free time. There are some fabulous things about working in urban schools, but there are also hardships that, when juxtaposed to my previous teaching experience, seem horrifying and uncontrollable.
I do not fear the uncontrollable, I'd just like a few days off to slow down.
I do get time with Katy and Christen this weekend. Maybe even a GT/FSU game!
Wish me rest...

No comments: