Friday, October 17, 2008

Surprised?

Five months later I'm still alive. But, that's about the only thing that is the same since June.
Well, I'm still dating Matt- so that hasn't changed.

But, I have a roommate. A really great roommate. We met through a mutual friend, ate lunch together at Chik-fil-A, and signed a 6 month lease. She's really fun and sweet and I hardly ever see her because of our crazy schedules. But, the saturdays filled with football and boyfriends are really fun.

I also have a job. It's a crazy job. It's a job I'm technically not qualified for. But it's the job that God gave me. I'm working at an urban school in East Point, Ga. If you recall I live in Cartersville which is north of the city, and yes, East Point is south of the city. That means I drive 60 min everyday to work. And, I'm teaching ESOL (English for speakers of other languages). Luckily it's a literature class, but it's still to kids that are struggling to get a grasp of the language. Insane. Yet, somehow, I like it. Public schools on the other hand....not so much.

It's been cool to see how God has provided for me in ways that I wouldn't really imagine. He gave me a wonderful person to split the rent with, a great place to live, a steady job, and a boyfriend that is in the same city. God has shown time and time again that my plans are not his. He stopped me from getting a job at Starbucks. He stopped me from moving in to an apartment by myself. He has stopped me from being conceited because I'm in a new place, with new people, doing things I have no idea how to do. So, it's a complete learning experience. But, it's an awesome one. And, I'm so glad to be where I am. Everyday gets better (even though some days seem 10x worse). I'm in a good church, in a good small group, and getting to know lots of good people. I can't imagine being anywhere else right now. I know I'm where I want to be.

No comments: